amazon Rapoo V500 RGB reviews
- Key switch: Rapoo Blue / Black / Brown (self made)
- Keyboard type: 87 TKL keys
- Material: ABS keycaps, aluminum plate, mica bottom
- Pressure: 60 ± 20gf (Black Switch) / 50 ± 15gf (Blue Switch) / 45 ± 15gf (Brown Switch)
- Key size: 365 mm * 135mm * 42mm
- Weight: 940g
- Compatible: Window98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Win10 / MAC OS
- LED: 16 million colors RGB, 6 modes, with LED under.
- Internal memory
- Kick-down 6 keys
- Open the box:
The box of Rapoo V500 RGB is quite eye-catching and prints pretty well. From the box is the image of the key, the key name (front), the same parameters and features (the back)
Rapoo’s packaging is simple: there is only one piece of plastic wrapped in the outer shell, and there is no cushioning or any more careful shading.
All accessories included: 1 manual book (Chinese) + 1 keypuller Oring. To reduce the cost, Rapoo seems to have cut the accessories to a minimum.
The version I bought was Black Keycaps, Gray Plate, Black Switch, Led RGB. It looks like Rapoo likes to play the plate in the tone of the smartphone now. The company offers users a yellow and pink plate with white keycaps or gray space with black keycaps as they are used.
I found this black version is quite clean and seamless than the other two colors. Thanks to the aluminum plate, the V500 is a luxury, as high as the smartphone
We can also see that the V500 RGB is designed as a floating key, which is great for replacing keycaps or cleaning the keyboard. OEM style, not cherry. A bit sad, Cherry profiles will be familiar to more users.
- USB Cable:
The first is that it is wrapped, very firmly
The second is a gold-plated head that enhances signal quality.
Third, it has anti-jamming.
The fourth is that it has a very fine cord. I do not know how to describe it but it is not old like other keyboards that use more modern type. I will try to learn more about this later.
Unfortunately, this cable is not removable. If it’s removable like the AK33 RGB, it’s a lot better.
- Fonts and keycaps:
Font type OEM super bad series back. I hate these fonts very much. This is the most boring point on the V500 RGB. Bad font makes me do not want to always look. On the AK33 itself, very familiar with how to use the user with traditional fonts. On the Rapoo V500 RGB this is the most regrettable.
About keycaps: I rate the keycaps of the V500 RGB well. The plastic is relatively good. Casting is also quite thick. Surface is sanded, just do not worry about sweat hand (what you encounter with smooth surface of the AK33) and increase the durability of the paint. However, the letters printed on the keycaps are slightly smaller, limiting the light of the leds, causing the leds to fail.
- Rapoo switch
Previously, on the V500, Rapoo used their own switch and created a brand new YELLOW switch. This switch feels very odd and is not rated well. Up on the V500 RGB, Rapoo learned from experience, they still make switches themselves, but with three basic colors under the cherry switch is Blue, Black and Brown.
True to these characteristics, the V500 RGB is not very impressive in this segment because there are many similarities with the LED RGB system. However, the difference of this keyboard is very beautiful LED system
Border LED is represented by a lanyard stretching around the keyboard. The transparent case mica supports it to spread evenly across the edges and bottom of the V500 RGB. This LED normally changes through circular colors, turns capslock turns completely red, numlock turns blue. Extremely unique. Especially in the night is very eye-catching.
* There are 6 LED modes including:
– Wave: Fn + F1. This mode can be pressed twice, once in motion, once again is fixed LED color.
– Spectrum: Fn + F2
– Breathing: Fn + F3
– Stacking: Fn + F4. This mode can also be pressed twice. The first is the color range – continuous stacking, the second is the continuous change.
– Fixed 7 colors: Fn + F5
– Fixed a color: Fn + F6
* There are also the following function buttons:
– Fn + F7 / F8: change the direction of motion or change the color LED
– Fn + F9 / F10: increase or decrease the brightness of the LED
– Fn + F11 / F12: increase and decrease the speed of the LED
The LEDs can also be changed with the included software.
Not only that, the V500 RGB software supports multiple languages, especially in English, not just Chinese as AK33 RGB.
– There is no moving direction of the LED, it is necessary to use the keyboard shortcut.
– Pretty complex, difficult to use with new people.
– Each time change the LED mode is to press OK and wait for the update to work.
where can you get a Rapoo V500 RGB online
ARION Rapoo V500 RGB Backlit PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Full Keys Programmable With 2mm Trigger Stroke – BLACK KB/BLACK SWITCH: Buy it now
ARION Rapoo V500 RGB Backlit PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Full Keys Programmable With 2mm Trigger Stroke – GOLD KB/BLACK SWITCH; Buy it now
– LED border is too beautiful
– Case mica wonderful
– Build sure
– Fully customizable software in English
– Bad font
– Lights are not optimal and not impressive
– Less LED mode than the competition
– Too poor accessory
– Software is somewhat complicated
Every product prepare launcher and provide on release date will be unboxing and check to bring full specifications & details features, service manual even suggest choose accessories. Thank for visting and sharing !