Amazon Pay is an online payment method that uses the stored payment methods in a customer’s Amazon account to check out online without requiring additional information or data entry.
It can be used both on Amazon and across other third party ecommerce sites. This is a convenient and secure payment option for shoppers.
Once you add the Amazon Pay button to your checkout, what happens:
– A customer clicks the Amazon Pay logo or button during checkout.
– They are redirected to an Amazon hosted page to sign in using their Amazon login credentials.
– They return to your site to complete the checkout process.
– They choose the credit or debit card stored in their Amazon account that they would like to use to check out.
– They receive a receipt from Amazon Pay after the payment has been completed.
Adding Amazon Pay as a payment method at checkout saves time for your customers by allowing them to use the address and payment information they already use with Amazon.
Rather than having to enter in their payment and shipping information, they can log into their Amazon account and complete checkout in just a few clicks. This contributes to a seamless checkout, which can help reduce cart abandonment and keep customers coming back.
Amazon Pay makes it easy for customers to buy online, on mobile, and even via voice like through an Amazon Alexa device through the same ecommerce innovations that power Amazon.com.
Amazon Pay has undergone many changes in its evolution to improve the online payments processing for Amazon customers on external websites. While Amazon Pay is the most recent product, it represents the culmination of previous trial and error products, and strategic acquisitions.