Types of memory cards on the market today
Like many other accessories, memory cards are manufactured with different types to suit each smartphone. Typically as:
- Multimedia Card – MMC
Multimedia Card – MMC is the first and the oldest card in the world. Above the memory card is integrated contact board so the product can operate and store information quickly. This memory card has the same format as the SD card slot. So you can use a shared memory card with the slot.
- Sandisk Transflash memory card – SD
Sandisk Transflash – SD memory cards are the most commonly used memory cards today. Micro-memory cards are often embedded in Android tablets and smartphones. The product is divided into many different types of cards to meet the high needs of users. Which includes:
– SD memory card: The memory card usually has a memory capacity of up to 64 Gb. The product has good compatibility with devices that support SDHC cards.
– SDHC memory card: A type of memory card with a high memory capacity for fast connection to a computer. The product is easily installed inside the camcorder. But be aware that this type of memory card will not be backward compatible with devices that support SD cards.
– SD mini memory cards: The series is usually produced with smaller capacity and size than SD memory cards.
– Micro SD memory card: This memory card has a design and memory is smaller than a mini SD card. The product is mainly used for smart phones.
– SDXC memory card: A memory card with a huge capacity of up to 128Gb. To use a high-capacity memory card, you need to have a dedicated card slot that supports high-speed data transfer.
– XD memory card: XD memory card is most often used for modern cameras.
- Compactflash memory card – SF
Compactflash – SF memory cards are usually manufactured with memory below the 64Gb threshold. The product line works with a much higher write speed than an SD card. Accordingly, Compactflash – SF memory cards meet the needs of photographers, so they are often used for specialized cameras.
Should choose a phone with a memory card or a massive internal memory?
Most smartphones today have a built-in memory card slot to increase storage capacity. But besides that, there are also many smartphones that are equipped with huge internal memory and do not need to use memory cards. So should people choose phones that support memory cards or have massive internal memory?
To get your answers, you need to know the pros and cons of each product line as follows:
– The phone supports the internal memory capacity is indeed the ideal solution to help users store many good games and important applications and software. Products capable of working smoother than the phone with a memory card. Also minimize disruptions that cause data loss when you do not have to unplug and plug the memory card often. But the prices of these phones are really high.
– Phones using memory cards usually cost a lot lower than phones with large internal memory capacity. You can also flexibly change the capacity of the memory card according to your usage needs. But the process of unplugging and inserting the card inside the device will sometimes result in an error that leads to the risk of data loss.
If you have the financial ability and want to search for a phone with stable storage capacity, a smartphone with a large memory capacity is the best choice. In case people appreciate the price factor and want to save money, you should use a phone that supports external memory card for you.
Criteria for choosing a good memory card
Before thousands of memory cards are manufactured on the market, people need to know how to choose to find the right product line for demand. Here are the memory card buying standards you need to know:
- Choose a memory card that best meets your needs
For someone who wants to use a memory card to store photos and music, the memory card they need will be different from the one who wants to use the card to store software. Based on your needs, you can choose a memory card with 8 GB capacity when you want to store music. Or 32 GB capacity to store images and many different types of software.
- Select a memory card of the size appropriate to the device used
Each line of memory cards on the market today will be manufactured in different sizes. If the SD memory card size 32 x 24 x2.1mm weighs 2g, the mini SD memory card has dimensions of 21.5 x 20 x 1.4mm and weighs only about 1g. There is also a 15 x 11 x 1 mm micro SD memory card weighing 0.5g.
That’s why each memory card only works well with certain devices. So you need to carefully check the suitability of the product with a smartphone or a specialized camera.
- Select a large capacity memory card supported by the device
Current memory cards are manufactured with capacities ranging from 1Gb to 128Gb. The capacity of the memory card shows the capacity and storage level of the product line.
Usually a large capacity memory card will give high storage capacity. The advice is to buy a memory card with a large memory capacity, but the product must be supported inside the smart device.
- Choose a memory card with a high write speed
On the back of the memory card will have a specific parameter that indicates the writing speed of the product line. People need to note this information to choose for themselves a memory card with fast writing speed. In which the write speed of a memory card is specified as follows:
– Class 4: Corresponding to the speed of 4Mb / s. Class 4 memory cards are suitable for low-speed data transfer into HD video recording.
– Class 10: Corresponding to a speed of 10MB / s. The Class 10 memory card is capable of high-speed data transmission when recording full HD video.
– UHS Class 10: Corresponding to a speed of 10MB / s. But UHS Class 10 memory cards are capable of storing and transferring data at a higher rate than Class 10 memory cards.
– UHS Class 3: Corresponding to a speed of 30MB / s. UHS Class 3 memory cards can transfer data at the highest speed. You can use the product to record videos or record 4K movies.
Top 5 best memory cards for great storage capacity
- Micro SDXC Sandisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I 80MB/s
– Extremely small size 7 x 2 x 10cm compatible with smartphones, tablets and devices supporting micro SD card slot.
– 64GB memory capacity is 4 times higher than Kingston memory cards.
– Meet high quality standards for water resistance, anti-vibration, anti-shock, anti-magnetic and X-spray effective.
– 80MB / s read speed supports full HD video recording.
– Support to transfer data and save data quickly from one device to another.
Micro SDXC Sandisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I is a memory card manufactured and imported from China. The product is designed with extremely small size 7 x 2 x 10cm, but has 64Gb memory capacity 4 times more than Kingston memory cards.
As far as I know, the memory card design ensures quality standards for the ability to withstand extreme weather conditions. The product line minimizes water penetration when it rains. It also offers extremely effective anti-heat, anti-shock, anti-magnetic and even X-ray protection. That is why data stored inside the memory card is always safe.
Indeed when choosing to buy and use a 64 GB Sandisk memory card, my storage space was expanded to the maximum extent. I can save thousands of songs, hundreds of photos and countless videos in full HD quality.
The great thing is that the memory card is equipped with an 80MB / s read speed that is many times faster than other memory cards. It doesn’t take me too long to wait when transferring high-resolution photos and videos from a memory card to other devices. The Sandisk Memory Zone App software integrated into the card also helps me quickly back up a series of files in a short time,
The product line has good compatibility with smartphones, tablets and devices supporting Micro SD card slot. Despite the many outstanding advantages, but the memory card is quite cheap price.
However, the drawback of the card lies in its slow storage capacity when shooting RAW images. The product is not suitable for those who need to shoot fast movies with high quality.
where can you get a Micro SDXC Sandisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I 80MB/s online
SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC UHS-I Memory Card up to 80MB/s (SDSDUNC-064G-GN6IN): Buy it now
SanDisk Ultra SDSQUNS-064G-GN3MN 64GB 80MB/s UHS-I Class 10 microSDXC Card: Buy it now
- Kingston Class 10 UHS-SDC10G2 / 16GBFR Micro SDHC
– Very small 15 x 11 x 1mm memory card size fits devices that support micro SD cards.
– Durable card design
– Ability of anti-vibration, good anti-shock and stable data storage.
– 16GB card capacity helps users comfortably store photos, music and videos.
– Cards with Class 10 write speeds support fast data storage, suitable for full HD video recording.
– Included Adapter.
Micro SDHC Kingston Class 10 UHS-SDC10G2 / 16GBFR is a memory card originating from Taiwan. The product is manufactured with a small size of 15 x 11 x 1mm with a hard drive capacity of about 16Gb. You can take the memory card with you and use it anytime.
I appreciate the compact and durable design of the Kingston brand of memory cards. Especially when designing products that make the memory card highly resistant to severe weather conditions.
In particular, the product line meets all strict standards for shock and vibration resistance. The memory card operates stably to minimize data loss during use.
In terms of storage capacity, a 16 GB memory card helps users comfortably store photos, music and many videos with a recording time of minutes or more. The memory card has good compatibility with many smart phones and tablets supporting micro SD card slot. Typically such as Samsung, Nokia, Sony and Oppo phones, etc. You can easily install a memory card for your phone with just a few simple steps.
Another point that makes me happy in the product line is the Class 10 write speed of data cards. This memory card gives data transfer speeds of at least 10MB / s to help users quickly process data. Important data needs storage. It is the ideal choice for me to get high quality photos and extremely sharp full HD videos.
Currently, the Kingston Class 10 UHS-SDC10G2 / 16GBFR Micro SDHC memory card with Adapter is sold at a fairly cheap price. But the product has a drawback that sometimes it can cause the computer to lag during data transfer. There were times when I was filming a movie when the video suddenly stopped because the memory card was disconnected. Ideally, you should only use memory cards for smartphones and tablets.
where can you get a Kingston Class 10 UHS-SDC10G2 / 16GBFR Micro SDHC online
- Micro SD Samsung Evo Plus U1 32GB Class 10 – 95MB/s
– 15 x 11 x 1mm card size is compatible with devices that support micro SD card slot. Including laptops due to memory cards equipped with Adapters.
– Durable card design for excellent shock and vibration resistance
– Waterproof memory card within 72 hours without losing data.
– Memory card with 32Gb capacity helps users comfortably store photos, music and videos.
– Write speed up to 95MB / s supports full HD video recording.
Micro SD Samsung Evo Plus U1 32GB Class 10 – 95MB / s is a memory card manufactured and imported from the Philippines. The product has dimensions of 15 x 11 x 1mm and has a capacity of 30Gb hard drive.
Similar to high-end products on the market, Samsung memory cards are durable and lightweight. The product has built-in water resistance and does not cause data loss when unfortunately dropped into the water for 72 hours. I also appreciate the anti-shock, anti-vibration, and memory card stability during information transmission.
With 32Gb memory card capacity, I can comfortably store data without fear of overloading. The memory card supports fast data transfer at a maximum speed of up to 95MB / s, which helps me save my storage time as much as possible.
Indeed Samsung memory card brings quite high convenience when it has good compatibility with many devices that support micro SD cards. I must say that I am very comfortable using memory cards for many smartphones, tablets, cameras and even laptops when the memory card is equipped with the adapter.
In terms of price, the Samsung SD Evo Plus U1 Micro SD memory card 32GB Class 10 – 95MB / s is being sold at a discount of only $ 5. However, the limitation of the product line is sometimes causing laptop crashes. The ability to automatically save images of a memory card is also limited, making users feel uncomfortable to have to save manually.
where can you get a Micro SD Samsung Evo Plus U1 32GB Class 10 – 95MB/s online
Samsung (MB-ME32GA/AM) 32GB 95MB/s (U1) microSDHC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter: Buy it now
- Toshiba SDHC 16Gb 100MB/s – N203
– Manufactured according to high quality standards of Japan.
– The size of 32 x 24 x 21mm cards makes it easy for users to use and store.
– 16GB hard drive capacity provides ample space to store photos, music and videos.
– Durable card design is warranted for up to 5 years, providing high safety for users.
– Reading speed 100MB / s must say is super fast.
– For the ability to transfer data quickly from electronic devices to a PC.
Toshiba SDHC 16Gb memory card 100MB / s – N203 is manufactured according to high quality standards of Japan. The Toshiba memory card measures 32 x 24 x 21mm and is equipped with a 16Gb hard drive capacity. I can easily preserve and use at any time.
The first plus point for the product is its super durable design, giving good shock resistance up to 5 years warranty. Therefore, I am quite assured when choosing to buy Toshiba memory cards from famous Japanese brands.
What makes me most impressed with the product line is its fast read speeds of up to 100MB / s. Comes with the ability to transfer data quickly from a smart device to a PC. It helps me complete the process of storing and transferring data in a few seconds.
where can you get a Toshiba SDHC 16Gb 100MB/s – N203 online
- Sony 64GB SDXC UHS-II 260MB/s (SF-M64T)
– Coming from a famous Japanese brand.
– 64Gb hard drive capacity for the ability to store thousands of music tracks, photos and countless videos.
– For read speed up to 260MB / s and write speed is 100MB / s.
– Can be used with both UHS-I and UHS-II equipment.
Sony 64GB SDXC UHS-II 260MB / s is a memory card from Japan. It is equipped with 64GB of storage capacity for large storage capacity with thousands of photos, songs and videos.
But the point of value inside a Sony memory card lies in the read speed up to 200MB / s and the write speed of 100MB / s lightning fast. I can use a phone with a Sony memory card to take pictures continuously at the speed of “light” without any problems. This makes me extremely excited and satisfied with the product line.
Another advantage of Sony memory cards is that it can support 4K movie recording. One of the most modern recording technologies today is very little supported on conventional memory cards. Truly the memory card helped me get quality movies with sharp images and extremely honest.
Regarding product compatibility, the memory card is used for both UHS-II and UHS-I devices. The diverse compatibility of memory cards makes it easy to connect the product to a variety of devices.
But perhaps the biggest and only drawback of the Sony 64GB SDXC UHS-II 260MB / s memory card lies in the price.
where can you get a Sony 64GB SDXC UHS-II 260MB/s (SF-M64T) online
Sony TOUGH-M series SDXC UHS-II Card 64GB, V60, CL10, U3, Max R277MB/S, W150MB/S (SF-M64T/T1): Buy it now